Salt Lake City Police investigating early morning shooting
This story has been edited from its original version to reflect new information.
SALT LAKE CITY– Lieutenant Andrew Cluff, with Salt Lake City Police Department, told KSL-TV’s Tamara Vaifanua the police were called to a house near 500 South and Redwood Road at about 6:20 AM with reports of a shooting.
“When we arrived on scene we found a 55-year-old male who was shot multiple times to the upper torso,” Cluff reported.
Cluff said the male was sitting on his front porch alone with no other witnesses around when the incident occurred. “[Emergecy services] were able to render aid fairly quickly and got him to the hospital,” Cluff said.
Police were able to speak with the victim before he was taken to a local hospital in critical condition. “The only description that we have for the suspect is a dark-colored sedan,” Cluff said.
Officials have not determined a motive.
SLCPD is seeking help from the public about the early morning incident. If you have any information, surveillance footage or photos please call the SLCPD at 801-799-3000.
This story is developing and will be updated with more information.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- CONFIRMED: The noise was a sonic boom, 80 miles from SLC
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- American Fork Police take Walmart shooting suspect into custody
- CEO and President of Intermountain Healthcare announces resignation
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- Police arrest suspect in West Valley hit-and-run that killed 11-year-old boy
- Alpine School District restricts 52 library books
- EB off ramp at 3300 S, I-15 closed after a car hit a pedestrian
- Some Utah areas see slight drop in drought levels