Salt Lake City Police investigating early morning shooting
This story has been edited from its original version to reflect new information.
SALT LAKE CITY– Lieutenant Andrew Cluff, with Salt Lake City Police Department, told KSL-TV’s Tamara Vaifanua the police were called to a house near 500 South and Redwood Road at about 6:20 AM with reports of a shooting.
“When we arrived on scene we found a 55-year-old male who was shot multiple times to the upper torso,” Cluff reported.
Cluff said the male was sitting on his front porch alone with no other witnesses around when the incident occurred. “[Emergecy services] were able to render aid fairly quickly and got him to the hospital,” Cluff said.
Police were able to speak with the victim before he was taken to a local hospital in critical condition. “The only description that we have for the suspect is a dark-colored sedan,” Cluff said.
Officials have not determined a motive.
SLCPD is seeking help from the public about the early morning incident. If you have any information, surveillance footage or photos please call the SLCPD at 801-799-3000.
This story is developing and will be updated with more information.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Full-sized Target coming to former Dillard’s at Provo’s Towne Centre
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- One dead after four-vehicles crash on U.S. Highway-40
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Utah hasn’t had this much snowfall since 2011, according to NWS
- A weekend under the cosmic lights at Woodward Park City