This story has been edited from its original version to reflect new information.
SALT LAKE CITY– Lieutenant Andrew Cluff, with Salt Lake City Police Department, told KSL-TV’s Tamara Vaifanua the police were called to a house near 500 South and Redwood Road at about 6:20 AM with reports of a shooting.
“When we arrived on scene we found a 55-year-old male who was shot multiple times to the upper torso,” Cluff reported.
Cluff said the male was sitting on his front porch alone with no other witnesses around when the incident occurred. “[Emergecy services] were able to render aid fairly quickly and got him to the hospital,” Cluff said.
Police were able to speak with the victim before he was taken to a local hospital in critical condition. “The only description that we have for the suspect is a dark-colored sedan,” Cluff said.
Officials have not determined a motive.
SLCPD is seeking help from the public about the early morning incident. If you have any information, surveillance footage or photos please call the SLCPD at 801-799-3000.
This story is developing and will be updated with more information.
Today’s Top Stories
- Ogden police investigating death of 41-year-old man
- Crew member yelled ‘cold gun’ as he handed Alec Baldwin prop weapon, court…
- Roy police officer arrested on suspicion of child sex abuse
- Police are looking for a suspect after fatal shooting in SLC
- 13-year-old body recovered from Fish Lake
- Drought-stricken California doused by major storm
- Body recovered from canal in Salt Lake City
- How long can I reuse and wear my face mask or respirator?
- Everest’s 100 years of destiny and death on the roof the world
- Ski resorts in northern Utah shutting down due to heavy snow, avalanche danger