Separate stabbings send two to the hospital
SALT LAKE CITY — A pair of stabbings in the early hours of Saturday have officials from two different police departments searching for answers.
Stabbing in Salt Lake City
The Salt Lake City Police Department responded to a stabbing at 1363 South State Street. First responders received the call at 7:25 a.m.
According to Lt. Andrew Cluff of the Salt Lake City Police Department, a male was stabbed in the leg. The victim was transported to the hospital with a minor wound, and is listed in stable condition.
“He is currently refusing to comply with the investigation or help our officers,” Cluff said. “So we don’t have any good suspect information at this time.”
Cluff said there were witnesses to the incident, but they are also being uncooperative.
“But we do not believe there is any further danger to the public,” Cluff said. “We’re not sure they this occurred.”
Ogden police were called to Mackay-Dee Hospital Saturday morning after a juvenile male was admitted with a stab wound in the back of his left shoulder.
Police were notified of the stabbing around 2 a.m.
“At this point, we have very little suspect information,” said Lt. John Cox, of the Ogden Police Department.
According to Cox, the victim had been at a party where a fight had broken out. The victim thought he had been hit, but when he looked he had been stabbed.
The injury is considered to be non-life threatening. However, officials aren’t sure if the victim was stabbed by a knife or something else.
Cox said the victim is being uncooperative in the investigation.
- Probable cause statement offers new details in Orem stabbing
- Police credited with saving life of stabbing victim in Salt Lake City
- One man hospitalized, two arrested, after stabbing in Salt Lake City
- UPDATE: Suspect remains in custody after Liberty Park stabbing
Today’s Top Stories
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Former Utah Sen. Jake Garn to be honored with art tribute on Saturday
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- US approves $380 million missile sale to Finland