One man killed in Iron County Crash
IRON COUNTY, Utah — A single-car rollover Sunday morning in Iron County claimed the life of an adult male.
The accident occurred in the area of milepost 71 on I-15 southbound.
According to first responders, a Toyota Tundra, which was occupied two males (a father and an adult male), drifted off the left side of the roadway. It then corrected back to the right and rolled off the west side of the interstate. It came to a rest in between I-15 and Old Highway 91.
According to officials, the vehicle was not visible to others until daylight. First responders arrived on scene just before 7 a.m. The father told officials they had been there since about 2 a.m. The passenger (son) sustained fatal injuries and had already passed away when emergency personnel arrived.
The driver was transported to an area hospital in serious condition. The identity and age of the victim were not released.
The freeway traffic was not significantly impacted by the investigation.
- Family of bride killed in I-15 crash pleads: Don’t drink and drive
- Multiple car crash at I-15 Southbound near 400 south lanes closed
Today’s Top Stories
- Direct selling and the big impact it has on the Utah economy
- Two people dead in Taylorsville after shooting
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- Quantum computing of “great concern” to Rep. Chris Stewart, here’s why
- Utah Little League player, after fall from bunk bed, is making progress
- Crash causes big delays in Tooele County
- Utah experiences another interesting day of weather
- Unified Police looking for missing teen from Holladay
- New fire ignites in Spring Canyon in Carbon County
- Chalk the Block charity event is set for later this month in Provo