One man killed in Iron County Crash
IRON COUNTY, Utah — A single-car rollover Sunday morning in Iron County claimed the life of an adult male.
The accident occurred in the area of milepost 71 on I-15 southbound.
According to first responders, a Toyota Tundra, which was occupied two males (a father and an adult male), drifted off the left side of the roadway. It then corrected back to the right and rolled off the west side of the interstate. It came to a rest in between I-15 and Old Highway 91.
According to officials, the vehicle was not visible to others until daylight. First responders arrived on scene just before 7 a.m. The father told officials they had been there since about 2 a.m. The passenger (son) sustained fatal injuries and had already passed away when emergency personnel arrived.
The driver was transported to an area hospital in serious condition. The identity and age of the victim were not released.
The freeway traffic was not significantly impacted by the investigation.
- Family of bride killed in I-15 crash pleads: Don’t drink and drive
- Multiple car crash at I-15 Southbound near 400 south lanes closed
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism