IRON COUNTY, Utah — A single-car rollover Sunday morning in Iron County claimed the life of an adult male.
The accident occurred in the area of milepost 71 on I-15 southbound.
According to first responders, a Toyota Tundra, which was occupied two males (a father and an adult male), drifted off the left side of the roadway. It then corrected back to the right and rolled off the west side of the interstate. It came to a rest in between I-15 and Old Highway 91.
According to officials, the vehicle was not visible to others until daylight. First responders arrived on scene just before 7 a.m. The father told officials they had been there since about 2 a.m. The passenger (son) sustained fatal injuries and had already passed away when emergency personnel arrived.
The driver was transported to an area hospital in serious condition. The identity and age of the victim were not released.
The freeway traffic was not significantly impacted by the investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Instagram user says she saw Petito and Laundrie in Wyoming restaurant
- Arches ranger remembers warning Gabby Petito about toxic relationship
- The search for Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito’s fiancé, resumes today in the Carlton…
- 911 call that prompted interaction with Gabby Petito released
- Law enforcement expert worries Moab’s investigation into Petito incident may be too narrow
- Florida sheriff said man seen on trail camera is not Brian Laundrie
- FBI: Remains found in Wyoming belong to Gabby Petito
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- FBI confirms body found in Grand Teton area matches Gabby Petito’s description
- Utah National Guard soldier dies in training exercises in Kentucky