PLEASANT GROVE, Utah — Part of Lindon went into lockdown Friday afternoon as police searched for a suspect wanted for questioning in a series of property and fraud crimes.
On Friday afternoon, detectives from the Pleasant Grove Police Department approached the man at a Walmart in Lindon. However, he fled from the area on foot, causing authorities to search for him.
Authorities then deployed the K9 unit to search the area. Because the suspect was considered to be armed and dangerous, the area was put on lockdown.
The area has since been cleared and the lockdown has been lifted. According to Pleasant Grove police, the lockdown was lifted a little more than two hours later.
Earlier Friday, authorities said, there were reports that Pleasant Grove High School had been put on lockdown because of the search. However, authorities said that was not the case as the search took place in Lindon.
“The man is still at large,” said Pleasant Grove Police Captain Britt Smith “Although we don’t believe he is armed.”
Anyone who sees the man is asked not to approach him, but call Pleasant Grove police.
“We would like to effect the arrest,” Smith said. “So he can be held accountable for his crimes.”
- Pleasant Grove gunman involved in standoff released from jail
- Last defendant pleads guilty for lighting Salt Lake City police car on fire
- 2-year-old boy drowns at home swimming pool in Pleasant Grove
- Pleasant Grove issues boil order after detecting E. Coli in water
Today’s Top Stories
- Demolition begins at abandoned Raging Water/Seven Peak water park
- Two passengers died in Orem car crash
- Southbound I-15 backed up by three car crashes in Roy
- Vehicle of family that went missing 20 years ago discovered in Ohio River
- At least 13 auto safety rules are years overdue
- More than 90 snakes found under Northern California home
- A motorcyclist is dead after crashing in West Jordan
- North Salt Lake police respond to car chase that leaves one dead
- Pair of Silver Alerts issued Saturday evening
- 5 Bear Lake trails to hike with the whole family this year