DUCHESNE COUNTY, Utah — A Uintah County medical transport patient died in the early hours of Saturday on Highway 40 near Myton.
According to the Duchesne County Sheriff’s Office, a 38-year-old woman from Vernal had been medically cleared at the Ashley Regional Medical Center Friday evening.
As required by law, deputies from the Uintah County Sheriff’s Office were transporting her to a behavioral health facility. The facility is located in Utah County.
When they approached Myton, the woman experienced a medical problem. As a result, deputies immediately stopped and began to render aid.
Additionally, an ambulance was called to the scene. However, paramedics were unable to resuscitate the woman.
The woman has been identified as Erica Marquez. Her body has been sent to the state medical examiner’s office for an autopsy.
Today’s Top Stories
- Demolition begins at abandoned Raging Water/Seven Peak water park
- Two passengers died in Orem car crash
- Taylorsville Police searching for murder suspect, needs public’s help
- Southbound I-15 backed up by three car crashes in Roy
- Vehicle of family that went missing 20 years ago discovered in Ohio River
- North Salt Lake police respond to car chase that leaves one dead
- At least 13 auto safety rules are years overdue
- More than 90 snakes found under Northern California home
- A motorcyclist is dead after crashing in West Jordan
- Pair of Silver Alerts issued Saturday evening