Uintah County medical transport patient dies
DUCHESNE COUNTY, Utah — A Uintah County medical transport patient died in the early hours of Saturday on Highway 40 near Myton.
According to the Duchesne County Sheriff’s Office, a 38-year-old woman from Vernal had been medically cleared at the Ashley Regional Medical Center Friday evening.
As required by law, deputies from the Uintah County Sheriff’s Office were transporting her to a behavioral health facility. The facility is located in Utah County.
When they approached Myton, the woman experienced a medical problem. As a result, deputies immediately stopped and began to render aid.
Additionally, an ambulance was called to the scene. However, paramedics were unable to resuscitate the woman.
The woman has been identified as Erica Marquez. Her body has been sent to the state medical examiner’s office for an autopsy.
- New trails, parks and signs: A look at the 99 outdoors projects to receive grants from Utah in 2021
- Grand County Sheriff’s Office is investigating deaths of two females
Today’s Top Stories
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- ChatGPT: Plagiarism super-tool for students or AI brainstorming generator?
- Man throws Molotov cocktail at New Jersey synagogue in arson attempt, police say
- A Google analysis shows which words are the most confusing to Americans