Uintah County Sheriff’s Office arrest two after pursuit
UINTAH COUNTY, Utah — Two wanted individuals were taken into custody Thursday by the Uintah County Sheriff’s Office after a brief pursuit.
Tyson Brown, 25, and Rachelle Murray, 29, were wanted by the Uintah County Sheriff’s Office. After investigators say the two were seen leaving a home in Jensen in a SUV with a flatbed trailer, a deputy attempted to conduct a traffic stop in the area of 3700 East Highway 40.
Alleged attempt to escape in Uintah County
However, the SUV failed to stop and began to speed away. In the pursuit, a third person in the vehicle jumped out of the SUV. That person was stopped by authorities, and was later released after questioning.
As the SUV attempted to escape police, they said hit speeds of between 60 and 80 miles per hour. The pursuit was called off after the SUV went through a construction zone, nearly hitting a construction worker.
A short time later, a Naples police officer located the trailer on a dirt road. As officers searched the area, the SUV was also discovered abandoned.
The two individuals were later found hiding in a field south of Highway 40.
At the time Brown and Murray were taken into custody, according to police, they had possession of illegal narcotics.
More drugs and weapons
During the police investigation, additional drugs and firearms were discovered at the home in Uintah County.
After the pursuit, Brown was booked into the Uintah County Jail under investigation of possession of a controlled substance, possession of a firearm by a restricted person and evading.
Murray was also booked into the Uintah County Jail under investigation of possession of a controlled substance and possession of a firearm by a restricted person.
- Uintah County medical transport patient dies
- Hikers find body in a Wasatch-Uintah ridgeline trail
- Uintah School District confirms 2nd COVID-19 case at elementary school
- Man rescued after falling off cliff in Uintah County
- 5 year old Uintah boy injured by pet raccoon; DWR sends warning
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- North Korea fires ballistic missile into waters off east coast of Korean peninsula
- Time Out on the Field