Taylorsville police arrest man suspected in at least five armed robberies
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — Taylorsville City Police say they have arrested Ethan McBeth, 24, a possible suspect in as many as five armed robberies.
Those armed robberies occurred in Murray, Taylorsville, and Millcreek, Utah. Officers arrested McBeth at his home in Murray on Friday morning.
Police suspect McBeth of involvement in two armed robberies at a 7-Eleven at 4110 S. Redwood Road in Taylorsville. One robbery happened on Oct. 6 at 6 a.m., the second took place today at the same store at 8:45 a.m.
Unified Police believe McBeth was also involved in a robbery on Oct. 7 in Millcreek. It was at that location that police say they obtained a possible license plate number associated with the suspect.
Police say the suspect had just pulled into his driveway when officers arrested him.
“We commend our officers and those with Murray City and UPD for their good work in apprehending this suspect,” said Taylorsville Police Chief Brady Cottam. “The arrest is the result of a noteworthy collaboration between departments and the diligence of all officers in pursuit.”
Taylorsville police said that in each of the robberies, four at 7-Eleven stores and one at a Subway restaurant, the robber was armed with a handgun. In each of the robberies in Taylorsville, the suspect stole $80 in cash, likely to support a drug habit, according to police.
Nobody was injured in any of the robberies.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Boy injured after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School