Arrest made in vandalism of a Syracuse church building
SYRACUSE, Utah — A 16-year-old male was arrested Saturday afternoon in connection with vandalism of a church building in Syracuse belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
According to Syracuse police, first responders were called to a church building located at 1112 South and 1525 West for an fire alarm Saturday morning at 1 a.m.
When members of the fire department entered the building, they discovered it was filled with smoke. A fire had been set, but was put out by the sprinkler system inside the building. Emergency personnel also noticed several acts of vandalism throughout the building.
The identity of the juvenile will not be released.
- Racist vandalism condemned by Logan School District
- Yum Yum food truck back in business after act of vandalism
Today’s Top Stories
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Biden to test run reelection message in address to divided Congress
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- New bill could disrupt signature gathering path to Utah’s ballot
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon