Arrest made in vandalism of a Syracuse church building
SYRACUSE, Utah — A 16-year-old male was arrested Saturday afternoon in connection with vandalism of a church building in Syracuse belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
According to Syracuse police, first responders were called to a church building located at 1112 South and 1525 West for an fire alarm Saturday morning at 1 a.m.
When members of the fire department entered the building, they discovered it was filled with smoke. A fire had been set, but was put out by the sprinkler system inside the building. Emergency personnel also noticed several acts of vandalism throughout the building.
The identity of the juvenile will not be released.
- Racist vandalism condemned by Logan School District
- Yum Yum food truck back in business after act of vandalism
Today’s Top Stories
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: Photos of topless women at U of U football game who may face charges
- Attempted kidnapping of a minor near a Taylorsville school
- Other paths to consider when thinking about attending college
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Parents pushing back on ongoing mask requirement in Utah schools
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- ‘Any kind of abuse … is an abomination,’ President Nelson says at Saturday morning session