Salt Lake City police make an arrest in deadly weekend car chase
The deadly weekend car chase Saturday afternoon resulted in a two-car accident. The crash in the area of 1200 West 500 North claimed the life of one woman. It also sent three others to the hospital and claimed the life of a dog.
On Tuesday evening, Salt Lake City police announced the arrest of 39-year-old Christian Cody Facer in connection to the fatal car chase that resulted in the death of the woman.
The chase began when authorities from North Salt Lake responded to a reckless driver call near Rose Park. Witnesses told police that two people inside in the vehicle were tossing a bottle of alcohol back and forth. When police attempted to stop the vehicle, the driver fled into Salt Lake City.
The victim has been identified as 33-year-old Thy Hoang Vu. According to police documents, Vu was driving the vehicle that was T-boned by the fleeing vehicle. A second passenger remains hospitalized in critical condition. The identity of that person has not been released.
Investigators believe that the dog that was killed was in the vehicle driven by Vu.
After the crash, the Officer Involved Critical Incident (OICI) protocol was implemented. According to Salt Lake City police, because none of its resources were involved, the Salt Lake County OICI Protocol Team 1 is in charge of the investigation.
The identity of the second individual in the suspect vehicle was not released.
- Four teenagers in custody, accused in armed carjacking
- American Fork police, others, arrest suspect after officer-involved shooting and car chase
- Orem police pull man from burning car after it goes off overpass, driver will be booked for DUI
- Woman dead, man hurt after police chase and crash in Summit County
- Car thefts are on the rise nationally and locally
Today’s Top Stories
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- Black Layton football player punished after being called a racial slur
- Rose Bowl tickets available now for Utah football fans
- New US travel rules: What you need to know about the changes prompted by Omicron
- Car carrying infant involved in overnight road rage shooting on SR 201
- Meteorologists say rain and snow are headed to northern Utah this week
- A North Carolina man accidentally bought 2 identical lottery tickets — and won 2 jackpots
- White House announces US diplomatic boycott of 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing
- Could this be the week that snow arrives in Utah?
- A man jumped out of taxiing airplane at Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport