New Midvalley highway and I-80 interchange comes to Tooele County
Oct 30, 2021, 4:31 PM
TOOELE COUNTY, Utah — The Utah Department of Transportation(UDOT) opened a new Midvalley Highway and I-80 interchange in Tooele County on Saturday, Oct. 30.
The new highway, S.R. 179, will provide Tooele drivers a direct connection from S.R. 138 to I-80 and reduce traffic congestion at S.R. 36 interchange.
The 4.5-mile highway opened to the public Saturday, Oct. 30, at 5 a.m.
- I-80 road restrictions in place due to high winds
- Drivers beware! UDOT plans for closures, detours on I-80
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Murray doctor charged with sexual exploitation of a minor
- Another Utah snowstorm has us asking, what is a snow squall?
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski collision trial in Utah enters third day
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Spring running late, another snowy morning commute is predicted
- Mother tells of her escape from addiction and being homeless
- Median price of a home declines for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah