Wendover Fire Department warns against dogs and circular bones
WENDOVER, Utah –After responding to help a dog with a circular beef bone suck in its lower jaw, the Wendover Fire Department has issued a reminder for pet owners to refrain from giving their dogs similar kinds of bones
The dog had to be sedated by a veterinarian in order for the bone to be removed safely, the police said. Upon their arrival, the dog was acting aggressively toward them and their attempts to help the dog.
What bones are safest for your dog to chew on?
Most raw bones are safe for dogs to eat. Raw chicken, turkey, lamb, beef, and oxtail bones are all safe enough for a dog to chew on and consume. When a bone is cooked it raises a choking hazard as the bone can splinter.
However, all bones do pose a swallowing risk if consumed too quickly, so it’s important to supervise your pup.
Dog experts say that to be on the safe side, only give your dog raw bones or items labeled specifically safe for dog consumption.
Woman sees missing dog on beer cans promoting shelter dogs
Maggie’s snow was created for dog’s last romp in the snow
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- BYU announces new president
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Semi hits car on I-15 in Kaysville, one person taken to hospital
- Bicyclist hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Salt Lake City
- Cox signs bill requiring lethality assessments in Utah domestic violence cases
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Snow causing roofs to collapse across the state, expert offers helpful tips
- Somebody wants the Bible removed from Davis County school libraries