Single car accident in Tooele County injures two people, kills one other
TOOELE COUNTY, Utah — A single-car rollover Sunday morning in Tooele County injured two people, while claiming the life of a third person.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the accident occurred on westbound I-80 near milepost 40 at 6:52 a.m.
Police say the vehicle, a white Ford, was occupied by three adults – a father, mother and an adult child. The vehicle drifted off the highway to the left, and then corrected back onto the road. The Ford overcorrected and exited the highway to the left and it rolled.
The female passenger was ejected from the hospital. She was flown by helicopter to the University of Utah Medical Center, with what authorities believed were non-life threatening injuries. However, the woman passed away from her injuries Sunday afternoon.
The other two occupants of the vehicle suffered minor injuries. They were transported by ambulance to the same hospital.
The victim has been identified as Cynthia R. Kehn, 64, of Hyde Park.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires