Single car accident in Tooele County injures two people, kills one other
TOOELE COUNTY, Utah — A single-car rollover Sunday morning in Tooele County injured two people, while claiming the life of a third person.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the accident occurred on westbound I-80 near milepost 40 at 6:52 a.m.
Police say the vehicle, a white Ford, was occupied by three adults – a father, mother and an adult child. The vehicle drifted off the highway to the left, and then corrected back onto the road. The Ford overcorrected and exited the highway to the left and it rolled.
The female passenger was ejected from the hospital. She was flown by helicopter to the University of Utah Medical Center, with what authorities believed were non-life threatening injuries. However, the woman passed away from her injuries Sunday afternoon.
The other two occupants of the vehicle suffered minor injuries. They were transported by ambulance to the same hospital.
The victim has been identified as Cynthia R. Kehn, 64, of Hyde Park.
- A two-car crash in Tooele County kills one person
- New Midvalley highway and I-80 interchange comes to Tooele County
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- SLC Police arrest man for burglarizing two law offices
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Salt Lake City Police investigate deadly auto-pedestrian collision