A two-car crash in Tooele County kills one person
TOOELE COUNTY, Utah — A two-car accident in Tooele County early Saturday morning left one person dead.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the accident occurred at 4:19 a.m. A cement truck was traveling northeast near milepost 1 on SR-179 at the Parachute Lane intersection. A Dodge Durango was driving westbound on Pole Canyon Road, heading toward Grantsville.
The Durango, according to UHP, failed to stop for the stop sign. As a result, it was hit on the driver side by the cement truck. The driver of the Durango died at the scene. The driver of the cement truck suffered minor injuries.
The victim has been identified as Oscar Villegas, 61, of West Jordan. The intersection was closed for about an hour as the area was cleaned up and authorities conducted their investigation.
The intersection has only been opened for a week, and UHP is reminding drivers to pay attention to signs in the area. UHP is also asking drivers to make sure they come to a complete stop, slow down and pay attention to the road.
- New Midvalley highway and I-80 interchange comes to Tooele County
- Southbound I-15 backed up by three car crashes in Roy
Today’s Top Stories
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- Intermountain Healthcare and Zipline launch drone delivery service
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces