Clearfield authorities looking for suspects who assaulted store clerk
CLEARFIELD, Utah — Authorities in Clearfield are searching for three individuals who assaulted a store clerk during a store robbery on Saturday.
Authorities say the suspects entered the store with baseball bats in the area of 450 S. State Street. The individuals demanded the store clerk to fill their backpacks with tobacco items as well as cash from the register.
When the store clerk refused to comply with their demands, the clerk was hit with a baseball bat. According to police, the clerk had visible injuries but did not seek medical treatment.
After hearing the commotion, a second clerk in the back came out and immediately complied with the demands of the suspects.
Clearfield police believe these individuals may be the same suspects involved in three recent robberies in Layton.
Clearfield police are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying the suspects. If you have information, you are asked to call 801-525-2806.
Today’s Top Stories
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Thousands of dead fish are washing up along a California river. It’s because of a…
- Low water levels at Utah Lake cause restrictions for Daybreak
- Utah company, Lions Not Sheep ordered to cease “made in USA” claims
- UPDATE: Flood advisory for portions of Salt Lake Valley and Davis County
- UPDATE: Flooding, road closures, and power outages in SLC
- The mysterious companies behind Costco’s Kirkland Signature and Trader Joe’s O’s
- President Joe Biden officially cleared to emerge from isolation following rebound Covid-19 case
- Top scientist admits ‘space telescope image’ was actually a slice of chorizo
- Utah Highway Patrol responds to head-on crash on U.S Highway 6