Clearfield authorities looking for suspects who assaulted store clerk
CLEARFIELD, Utah — Authorities in Clearfield are searching for three individuals who assaulted a store clerk during a store robbery on Saturday.
Authorities say the suspects entered the store with baseball bats in the area of 450 S. State Street. The individuals demanded the store clerk to fill their backpacks with tobacco items as well as cash from the register.
When the store clerk refused to comply with their demands, the clerk was hit with a baseball bat. According to police, the clerk had visible injuries but did not seek medical treatment.
After hearing the commotion, a second clerk in the back came out and immediately complied with the demands of the suspects.
Clearfield police believe these individuals may be the same suspects involved in three recent robberies in Layton.
Clearfield police are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying the suspects. If you have information, you are asked to call 801-525-2806.
Today’s Top Stories
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- Black Layton football player punished after being called a racial slur
- Rose Bowl tickets available now for Utah football fans
- Meteorologists say rain and snow are headed to northern Utah this week
- Diplomatic boycott doesn’t change Salt Lake City’s bid for future winter games
- What you need to know about the 2022 Sundance Film Festival and COVID-19
- How long can I reuse and wear my face mask or respirator?
- Dropping ‘Big Lie’ a good first step toward compromise, says former Arizona senator
- Chad Hayman, Tremonton Police Department
- Second officer released from hospital after shooting in West Valley City