UPDATE: Family says body found in car off Bangerter Highway is woman missing since day after Thanksgiving
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — The family of Valerie Gardner says it was her found dead in a car just off Bangerter Highway in West Valley City Tuesday evening.
In a post on Facebook, the family said they were called to the scene near SR-201 and Bangerter where the car had gone off into a ditch.
Gardner has been reported missing since Nov. 26, when she was last seen leaving her work in West Valley.
The Utah Highway Patrol found the car on the evening of Dec. 21 and believes the car left the highway, went down into a ditch, landing in some water.
“The vehicle went off the road down into a ditch and it appears like it has been there for a while,” UHP Sgt. Cameron Roden said. “We don’t know how long.”
UHP did not release any information about the person who was found dead in the car.
This is a developing story. More information will be provided when it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Thousands of dead fish are washing up along a California river. It’s because of a…
- Low water levels at Utah Lake cause restrictions for Daybreak
- UPDATE: Flood advisory for portions of Salt Lake Valley and Davis County
- Utah company, Lions Not Sheep ordered to cease “made in USA” claims
- UPDATE: Flooding, road closures, and power outages in SLC
- The mysterious companies behind Costco’s Kirkland Signature and Trader Joe’s O’s
- Utah Highway Patrol responds to head-on crash on U.S Highway 6
- Top scientist admits ‘space telescope image’ was actually a slice of chorizo
- Man steals excavator and starts ripping up the ground, breaks water line