UPDATE: Family says body found in car off Bangerter Highway is woman missing since day after Thanksgiving
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — The family of Valerie Gardner says it was her found dead in a car just off Bangerter Highway in West Valley City Tuesday evening.
In a post on Facebook, the family said they were called to the scene near SR-201 and Bangerter where the car had gone off into a ditch.
Gardner has been reported missing since Nov. 26, when she was last seen leaving her work in West Valley.
The Utah Highway Patrol found the car on the evening of Dec. 21 and believes the car left the highway, went down into a ditch, landing in some water.
“The vehicle went off the road down into a ditch and it appears like it has been there for a while,” UHP Sgt. Cameron Roden said. “We don’t know how long.”
UHP did not release any information about the person who was found dead in the car.
This is a developing story. More information will be provided when it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Frigid temperatures delaying some school start times
- A 6th Memphis officer is taken off the force after the fatal police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Man suspected of kidnapping and beating a woman in Oregon may be using dating apps to evade police
- Officer-involved shooting in Iron County
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Trump says he’s ‘more angry’ and ‘more committed’ to White…