UPDATE: Family says body found in car off Bangerter Highway is woman missing since day after Thanksgiving
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — The family of Valerie Gardner says it was her found dead in a car just off Bangerter Highway in West Valley City Tuesday evening.
In a post on Facebook, the family said they were called to the scene near SR-201 and Bangerter where the car had gone off into a ditch.
Gardner has been reported missing since Nov. 26, when she was last seen leaving her work in West Valley.
The Utah Highway Patrol found the car on the evening of Dec. 21 and believes the car left the highway, went down into a ditch, landing in some water.
“The vehicle went off the road down into a ditch and it appears like it has been there for a while,” UHP Sgt. Cameron Roden said. “We don’t know how long.”
UHP did not release any information about the person who was found dead in the car.
This is a developing story. More information will be provided when it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Police now have persons of interest in Moab double murder case
- UDOH is changing prioritization process for COVID-19 symptom treatments
- UPDATE: Wrong way car crash on Bangerter Highway results in death of 19-year-old
- UPDATED: Utah House overturns Salt Lake, Summit county mask mandates
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- FBI says Brian Laundrie took responsibility for Gabby Petito’s murder
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Moab Police get digital evidence possibly connected to double murder
- BREAKING: Gun in shooting outside Hunter High purchased in Utah in 2013
- Utah senate minority leader Karen Mayne announces she has cancer