CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Busy weekend for Summit County Search and Rescue
SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah — Despite the holiday weekend, Summit County Search and Rescue found itself quite busy.
On Friday, search and rescue was notified of a missing snowmobiler around 3:15 p.m. The individual who had called was concerned about the amount of time the snowmobiler had been gone, and the potential danger of an incoming storm.
Teams were deployed and searched the night in white-out conditions. The missing snowmobiler was found safe on Christmas morning. The snowmobiler was tired and had injuries that are common for being exposed to the cold. Teams were able to get off the mountain and get home to spend the rest of Christmas with their families.
On Sunday, Summit Search and Rescue was called to help South Summit EMS with a back country medical situation. It was in the Pine Mountain cabin area in Weber Canyon.
- Weber County Search and Rescue helps stranded hunter off mountain
- Salt Lake County Search and Rescue assists male hiker off of Stairs Gulch
- Salt Lake County Search and Rescue safely rescues stranded hiker
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- BYU announces new president
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Semi hits car on I-15 in Kaysville, one person taken to hospital
- Bicyclist hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Salt Lake City
- Cox signs bill requiring lethality assessments in Utah domestic violence cases
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Snow causing roofs to collapse across the state, expert offers helpful tips
- Somebody wants the Bible removed from Davis County school libraries