SLCPD investigating an armed robbery at Walgreens
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department is investigating an armed robbery that took place Sunday at a Walgreens, in which a store customer was briefly held hostage.
According to police, the incident took place shortly before 2 p.m. Authorities arrived at the scene, located at 531 East 400 South at 1:51 p.m.
Once on scene, several officers secured the store and began looking for the suspect.
Police say through their investigation, it was discovered that the suspect held a customer at knifepoint and demanded cash from the store employee.
The store employee followed the demands and gave the suspect an undisclosed amount of cash. Once given the cash, the suspect let the hostage go and fled the scene, police say. The hostage was unharmed in the incident.
Authorities searched the area but were unable to locate the suspect.
The suspect is described as an adult white male in his late 30s or early 40s. He is roughly 5-feet-6-inches tall and has a light build, police say. Witnesses described the suspect a blue mask, a red T-shirt with long black sleeves underneath and blue pants.
If you have information on this case, you should call 801-799-3000.
- Salt Lake City police investigate stabbing at Flying J
- SLCPD looking for suspect in fatal hit and run
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers