Salt Lake City police investigate stabbing at Flying J
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City police are investigating a stabbing at the Flying J at 2100 South and 900 West Saturday night.
According to police, the incident occurred at just before 7:30 p.m. The incident started out as an argument between the suspect and the staff of Denny’s Restaurant, which is located inside the Flying J.
Police say the suspect went to the restroom. In the restroom, the suspect exchanged words with another individual. At that point, the suspect stabbed the victim in the stomach.
However, police do say the injuries are not considered to be life-threatening. Authorities also say it doesn’t appear the individuals knew each other.
Before authorities arrived, the suspect fled in an unknown vehicle headed in an unknown direction. The suspect is a male in his 50s and is 5-feet-5-inches tall.
The incident is still under investigation.
- Salt Lake City police investigating fatal overnight shooting
- Salt Lake City police says response times are decreasing
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Court says gun law targeting domestic violence suspects is unconstitutional