Lehi police search for suspects in overnight car chase, one is on foot
LEHI, Utah — A car chase began early Wednesday morning after suspects in a vehicle burglary fled the scene in two separate vehicles.
Around 3:30 a.m. Lehi police were called to a vehicle burglary in front of a home. When the officers arrived, the suspects fled and a car chase ensued.
Breaking: Lehi police say a vehicle burglary suspect lead officers on a chase through Lehi, and then got onto I-15 going north in the southbound lanes. The vehicle’s tires were eventually spiked in SSL. @jdubz66 is live on scene. Updates on KSL Today. #utah @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/05t0swOZNw
— Shara Park ✨ (@KSLSharaPark) January 19, 2022
Two suspects fled the scene. Police reported that one fled in a white Ford with no license plate. Another left the scene in a black truck with an Arizona license plate.
Officers started in pursuit of the black truck throughout the Lehi city. However, the suspect drove the truck in the wrong direction in the southbound lanes of I-15. Police ended their pursuit of the black truck there.
UDOT and UHP then track the black truck to South Salt Lake. They put spikes on the road around 3500 S. Main Street. The car was spiked and came to a halt.
However, the chase did not end there. Instead, the suspect jumped out of the vehicle and ran from officers on foot. Police are still looking for the suspect in the black truck. No further information is known about the suspect in the white Ford.
- Three suspects at large after shooting in Rose Park injures one
- DWR seeks information on bull elk illegally killed
- Bill would create exemptions under stalking laws, concerns raised
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- Utah’s COVID-19 transmissions slowed but still present
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- What you can do about snow mold in your lawn
- Not everyone is a fan of Utah’s new state flag