DWR seeks information on killing of buck deer and removal of its antlers
SPRINGVILLE, Utah — The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources (DWR) is seeking the public’s assistance in obtaining information in regard to a buck deer that was killed in Sanpete County, with its antlers removed.
Officers with the DWR received a tip earlier this month after an individual discovered the animal near the Clarion Road between the Barex Dairy Family Farm and the Redmond Salt Mine. It is roughly three miles north of the border between Sanpete and Sevier counties.
Antlers removed from the buck deer
According to DWR officers, the antlers had been removed from the animal, while the rest of the meat was left to waste.
During the investigation, DWR officers had discovered evidence that shows the animal was likely killed in a different location and moved by vehicle to the area where it was later discovered. Additionally, the DWR officials determined during the investigation that the animal was killed either the night of Jan. 3 or the morning of Jan. 4.
Also, during the investigation, a blanket was found. DWR officials believe this blanket may have been used to move the deer from the location that it was killed to the location where it was found.
Anyone with information on this specific case is asked to call 801-850-8272. Rewards for information are available, while the request for confidentiality are respected.
In 2021, DWR officers confirmed the illegal killing of more than 1,150 animals with an estimated worth of $610,00.
How to report wildlife-related crimes
- By calling the UTiP Hotline at 800-662-3337
- The UTDWR Law Enforcement app
- By texting 847411
- Online through the DWR website
Today’s Top Stories
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- Biden administration kicks off student loan debt forgiveness process