DWR seeks information on killing of buck deer and removal of its antlers
SPRINGVILLE, Utah — The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources (DWR) is seeking the public’s assistance in obtaining information in regard to a buck deer that was killed in Sanpete County, with its antlers removed.
Officers with the DWR received a tip earlier this month after an individual discovered the animal near the Clarion Road between the Barex Dairy Family Farm and the Redmond Salt Mine. It is roughly three miles north of the border between Sanpete and Sevier counties.
Antlers removed from the buck deer
According to DWR officers, the antlers had been removed from the animal, while the rest of the meat was left to waste.
During the investigation, DWR officers had discovered evidence that shows the animal was likely killed in a different location and moved by vehicle to the area where it was later discovered. Additionally, the DWR officials determined during the investigation that the animal was killed either the night of Jan. 3 or the morning of Jan. 4.
Also, during the investigation, a blanket was found. DWR officials believe this blanket may have been used to move the deer from the location that it was killed to the location where it was found.
Anyone with information on this specific case is asked to call 801-850-8272. Rewards for information are available, while the request for confidentiality are respected.
In 2021, DWR officers confirmed the illegal killing of more than 1,150 animals with an estimated worth of $610,00.
How to report wildlife-related crimes
- By calling the UTiP Hotline at 800-662-3337
- The UTDWR Law Enforcement app
- By texting 847411
- Online through the DWR website
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Victim of third Springville shooting identified
- Springville teen, Lily Conroy, taken off of life support last week
- Murder charges are filed in two separate Utah County cases
- Update: Texas gunman warned online he was going to shoot up school
- Weber County boy rescued after getting stuck in mud
- Trump loses appeal, he and children must testify in New York civil probe
- Gov. Cox says housing problems in Utah are worsened by Airbnb, Vrbo
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- West Valley City police report missing, at-risk child
- Closure of EB I-84 extended after semi rollover, crash