Driver facing possible charges after truck crashes into building
DUCHESNE CITY, Utah — The Duchesne County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an incident Tuesday in which a truck left the highway and crashed into a building.
Authorities say the accident happened Tuesday morning at the R.C. Tire building located at 179 East Main Street at 8:45 a.m.
According to police, an empty box truck was traveling west on U.S Highway 40 through Duchesne City. Witnesses told police they saw the truck traveling above the posted speed limit.
Police say that speed along with a thin covering of snow on the highway caused the truck to slide off the road. The truck was unable to stop, striking the front of the store. According to police, it caused major damage to the building. The truck driver and a passenger in the truck suffered minor injuries. They were transported to an area hospital for treatment of their injuries.
An individual in the store also suffered minor injuries. That person was treated for cuts and scrapes at the scene.
Duchesne County Sheriff Travis Tucker says charges are being screened at this time.
- Duchesne County ‘wolf-hybrid’ found dead confirmed to be German shepherd
- Skeet shooter rescues accident victim in Duchesne County
Today’s Top Stories
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- The bizarre history of Groundhog Day
- Four elk killed as herd gets too close to I-215 and I-80
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- One man dead, suspect on the run after Glendale shooting
- Davis County officials charge suspect in Layton Amber Alert
- One person dead following a stabbing in Salt Lake City suspect still at large