Driver facing possible charges after truck crashes into building
DUCHESNE CITY, Utah — The Duchesne County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an incident Tuesday in which a truck left the highway and crashed into a building.
Authorities say the accident happened Tuesday morning at the R.C. Tire building located at 179 East Main Street at 8:45 a.m.
According to police, an empty box truck was traveling west on U.S Highway 40 through Duchesne City. Witnesses told police they saw the truck traveling above the posted speed limit.
Police say that speed along with a thin covering of snow on the highway caused the truck to slide off the road. The truck was unable to stop, striking the front of the store. According to police, it caused major damage to the building. The truck driver and a passenger in the truck suffered minor injuries. They were transported to an area hospital for treatment of their injuries.
An individual in the store also suffered minor injuries. That person was treated for cuts and scrapes at the scene.
Duchesne County Sheriff Travis Tucker says charges are being screened at this time.
- Duchesne County ‘wolf-hybrid’ found dead confirmed to be German shepherd
- Skeet shooter rescues accident victim in Duchesne County
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations