Pedestrian hit by two cars in fatal accident
SALT LAKE CITY — A pedestrian was hit by two cars Friday morning in Salt Lake City. The individual died from injuries.
Salt Lake City Police are investigating a fatal crash in which a pedestrian was hit by two vehicles. The accident took place near the intersection of 800 South 900 West in Salt Lake City.
Fatal auto-pedestrian accident 800 S 900 W in Salt Lake City #KSLTV pic.twitter.com/B6mlu6YY5i
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) January 28, 2022
The investigation started at 6:49 a.m. Officers attempted to provide life-saving efforts, but the victim died on scene. Both of the involved drivers cooperated with the investigation.
Salt Lake police reported the accident is the first traffic-related fatality for the city in 2022.
Officers with the Salt Lake City Police Department closed 800 south from 900 West to Jeremy Street. They announced in a tweet the closure could possibly be expanded.
We are investigating a fatal crash at 800 South 900 West. For the time being, 800 S. is closed from 900 W. to Jeremy Street.
The closure may be expanded.
Our crash team is headed to the scene.
The PIO is at the media staging at the 7-Eleven. #slc #SaltLakeCity #slcpd pic.twitter.com/JY8rpT0uKy
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) January 28, 2022
No information about the individual who died in the auto-pedestrian accident has been released at this time.
This story is developing and will be updated.
- Dead body found in the Jordan River
- Man in custody following high-speed chase through Utah County
- Woman in critical condition after accident near Saratoga Springs
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- BYU announces new president
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- 6-year-old dies after crash in Emery
- Semi hits car on I-15 in Kaysville, one person taken to hospital
- Bicyclist hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Salt Lake City
- Cox signs bill requiring lethality assessments in Utah domestic violence cases
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Brighton hits a milestone with 700 inches of snow