One person in custody following a standoff in Bountiful
BOUNTIFUL, Utah — A male suspect was taken into custody Thursday by Bountiful police following an alleged domestic violence situation.
Once on scene, police say they made contact with the male suspect inside the home. However, the suspect was making threats toward the officers.
Police say they were able to communicate with both the male and female individuals inside the home. And after some time, the female was able to exit the house. It is not known if the female had suffered any injuries, according to police.
After a while, negotiators were able to get the male suspect to surrender. He was taken into custody without incident.
The male suspect was booked into the Davis County Jail under investigation for domestic violence, police say.
No other information was provided.
- Bountiful porch thefts and stolen car recovered after call from alert neighbor, police work
- Bountiful police report two men wounded in early-morning drive-by
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- ‘Any kind of abuse … is an abomination,’ President Nelson says at Saturday morning session
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces