13-year-old boy injured after running into a car in Eagle Mountain
EAGLE MOUNTAIN, Utah — A 13-year-old boy is in critical condition running into a car Wednesday afternoon, according to the Utah County Sheriff’s Office.
According to authorities, the incident occurred at the intersection of Horizon Drive and Hummer Driver.
@UCSO is investigating an auto vs. pedestrian crash in @eaglemtncity. A young teenage boy was on a scooter and may have ridden through a stop sign without stopping. The teen is in critical condition and was taken by ambulance to a local hospital. Horizon Dr & Hummer Dr. pic.twitter.com/zTa9Vpg9Zx
— Utah County Sheriff (@UCSO) March 3, 2022
Authorities say the boy was on a motorized scooter traveling westbound, when he may have driven through a stop sign. The driver of the car, who had the right of way and stopped at the sign, was driving southbound on the street when the boy rolled through the stop.
Upon contact, police say the boy was thrown 80 to 90 feet. As a result, emergency personnel called in LifeFlight. However, they couldn’t get the boy stable enough to send him on LifeFlight.
The Utah County Sheriff’s Office says the boy was transported by ambulance to an area hospital but has since been flown to Primary Children’s Hospital.
The Sheriff’s Office says that there does not appear to be negligence on the driver, and anticipate no charges will be filed.
- One person dead following an auto-pedestrian collision in St. George
- 16-year-old killed in an auto-pedestrian collision in Layton
Today’s Top Stories
- Staff member at school in southern Utah arrested for alleged sexual abuse
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Fire in West Valley City home contained to one room in basement
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- Opinion: The long and winding road to the championship