One person killed in accident on northbound I-15
RIVERDALE, Utah — An accident on northbound I-15 near milepost 339 claimed the life of one person Friday afternoon.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, a Hyundai passenger car was traveling northbound near the Riverdale exit when debris from the southbound side of the freeway went over the median and struck the Hyundai. The UHP believes the debris was brake assembly.
The debris went through the windshield and struck the driver. The driver, who has let be identified, suffered fatal injuries from the accident, according to the UHP.
According to traffic reports, the accident blocked the left lane. Delays extended as far south as Clearfield.
The Utah Department of Transportation, on its website, stated the accident on northbound I-15 was expected to be cleared by 8 p.m. Friday night.
In Bluffdale, there was a crash on Bangerter Highway Friday afternoon that caused the eastbound lanes to be closed for a time at 2700 West. However, there were reports of heavy traffic in both directions.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?