One person killed in accident on northbound I-15
RIVERDALE, Utah — An accident on northbound I-15 near milepost 339 claimed the life of one person Friday afternoon.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, a Hyundai passenger car was traveling northbound near the Riverdale exit when debris from the southbound side of the freeway went over the median and struck the Hyundai. The UHP believes the debris was brake assembly.
The debris went through the windshield and struck the driver. The driver, who has let be identified, suffered fatal injuries from the accident, according to the UHP.
According to traffic reports, the accident blocked the left lane. Delays extended as far south as Clearfield.
The Utah Department of Transportation, on its website, stated the accident on northbound I-15 was expected to be cleared by 8 p.m. Friday night.
In Bluffdale, there was a crash on Bangerter Highway Friday afternoon that caused the eastbound lanes to be closed for a time at 2700 West. However, there were reports of heavy traffic in both directions.
- Family of young girl killed in I-15 pileup plead for people to drive safer in the snow
- UHP trooper hospitalized after being hit by wrong-way driver on I-15
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Snow expected to impact Wednesday evening commute
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- Northbound I-15 in Juab County closed for a time Wednesday night
- Tax increase in Salt Lake County for the library system
- Increased shoplifting puts pressure on retailers and raises prices
- New VA food pantry aims to curb food insecurity among veterans