Overnight SWAT activity in Woods Cross leads to arrests
WOODS CROSS, Utah — Woods Cross Police and its SWAT team served warrants on a drug home in Woods Cross overnight, and as a result, five people are under arrest.
Assistant Chief of Police Adam Osoro said the arrests were the result of a long-term investigation into the home, described as a “drug hub,” and its occupants.
“Right now we have at least five in custody and we are in the process of searching the home,” Osoro said
Osoro said that officers had to resort to force to gain entry into the home, but after that, the occupants complied with the police.
There were no injuries.
The search warrant was determined to be high risk and the SWAT team was involved, Osoro said, because numerous people had violent criminal histories involving firearms and weapons.
“So we wanted to take the best precautions and utilize the SWAT team,” Osoro said.
The house and its occupants are well known to Woods Cross police.
“This house has been a problem house for some time. It’s kind of like a spot fire. We respond, we take action. The players change,” Osoro said.
By mid-morning on Tuesday, officers were still on the scene conducting interviews and searching the home for evidence.
- Resource center for Woods Cross teens experiencing homelessness
- Semi-truck rollover in Woods Cross sends one person to the hospital
- Man runs out onto I-15, struck and killed
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- DWR officials taking steps to protect California condors
- Utah Gov. turns 56 bills into new Utah laws, several involve Bears Ears