UPDATED: Two teenagers dead, three others injured in Box Elder crash
BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah — Two teenagers are dead after a rollover accident on East Promontory Road Friday night.
The crash happened around 10:30 p.m., with the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office saying there were five people total in the car when it rolled. The accident happened near the north end of the Great Salt Lake.
River Manning, 18, was found dead when emergency responders arrived on the scene. A 17-year-old, Gage Manning, was taken to the hospital by helicopter, but died of his injuries there.
The three other people in the car were a 19-year-old man, a 19-year-old woman, and a 15-year-old girl. They suffered serious injuries but are expected to recover.
The sheriff’s office says alcohol and speed are being investigated as factors in the crash.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…