UPDATED: Two teenagers dead, three others injured in Box Elder crash
BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah — Two teenagers are dead after a rollover accident on East Promontory Road Friday night.
The crash happened around 10:30 p.m., with the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office saying there were five people total in the car when it rolled. The accident happened near the north end of the Great Salt Lake.
River Manning, 18, was found dead when emergency responders arrived on the scene. A 17-year-old, Gage Manning, was taken to the hospital by helicopter, but died of his injuries there.
The three other people in the car were a 19-year-old man, a 19-year-old woman, and a 15-year-old girl. They suffered serious injuries but are expected to recover.
The sheriff’s office says alcohol and speed are being investigated as factors in the crash.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Lisa Garner has support of Draper mayor to become next city judge
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Attempted kidnapping of a minor near a Taylorsville school