One killed, one wounded in shooting after Draper party
DRAPER, Utah — One person died and another suffered injuries in an overnight shooting in Draper after a party at an Airbnb.
It happened just south of 11400 South, on a cul-de-sac near 200 East.
Draper police continue to search for the gunman responsible for the shooting, described as a man with facial tattoos, including “801” over one eyebrow.
Airbnb home plays host to post-party Draper shooting
Neighbors tell KSL TV the home had only been listed on Airbnb for a few weeks, and the homeowner has already removed it from the short-term rental website.
According to police, the party was ending early this morning when two people became involved in some kind of dispute. One of them opened fire, ultimately striking two people.
“The suspect attempted to carjack some other partygoers that were leaving,” said Draper Police Lt. Dustin Willie. “They were able to get away without being harmed and kept their car.”
Willie said witnesses saw the shooter leave in another car, but he could not say whether it belonged to him or someone else.
Multiple agencies responded to assist with the search, including a Department of Public Safety helicopter.
Police collected cell phone video from partygoers as well as doorbell camera footage from neighbors to piece together the sequence of events.
“There were at least ten gunshots that I heard, based on the video that we watched,” Willie said.
Willie did not think any danger remains to the public. He asks anyone who witnessed what happened to contact Draper police.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment