Suspect in custody following an alleged child abduction at the U of U hospital
SALT LAKE CITY — University of Utah Police took a 34-year-old male into custody Monday evening after he reportedly abducted a 23-month-old child from its mother at a University of Utah hospital.
Police say Ishjon Oquiran Hawkins, who is the non-custodial father of the child, fled on foot with the child.
University of Utah Police say Hawkins was taken into custody a short time later in Salt Lake City. The child was safely returned to its mother.
The investigation into this case is ongoing, according to police.
No other information was provided.
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Moscow police say 6th person on lease isn’t involved in Idaho homicides
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Back-to-back winter storms bring heavy snow, critical fire conditions to the West
- SuperAgers — who are they, are you one, and can you become one?
- Fiercely self-sufficient Hell’s Backbone cafe owners turn to public for help