Three arrested by Roy Police after shooting incident
WEBER COUNTY, Utah – Roy police arrested three men after a shooting incident at a house party in Roy early Saturday morning. One woman was wounded and turned up later at a hospital.
Officers say they were called to the home at 5493 South 2450 West around 2:00 a.m. They stopped a Dodge Charger that had been reported at the scene and arrested three occupants of the vehicle, Emaij Williams, Charles Santos and Mykel Francis Henery Smith. A juvenile female was also in the car and questioned by police.
According to probable cause statements filed in the case, witnesses told police there had been a party at the home when several people showed up who were not welcome. They were told to leave. Multiple shots were fired after an argument. Officers obtained a search warrant and recovered clothing and firearms from the vehicle after it was stopped.
Officers contacted a woman at McKay-Dee hospital who’d been shot in the buttock. She reportedly said she’d been trying to get to a window to jump out to get away from the shooting.
All three suspects to stand in court on multiple charges of felony discharge of a firearm. Smith and Emaij are facing charges of possession of a firearm by a restricted person.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?