Three arrested by Roy Police after shooting incident
WEBER COUNTY, Utah – Roy police arrested three men after a shooting incident at a house party in Roy early Saturday morning. One woman was wounded and turned up later at a hospital.
Officers say they were called to the home at 5493 South 2450 West around 2:00 a.m. They stopped a Dodge Charger that had been reported at the scene and arrested three occupants of the vehicle, Emaij Williams, Charles Santos and Mykel Francis Henery Smith. A juvenile female was also in the car and questioned by police.
According to probable cause statements filed in the case, witnesses told police there had been a party at the home when several people showed up who were not welcome. They were told to leave. Multiple shots were fired after an argument. Officers obtained a search warrant and recovered clothing and firearms from the vehicle after it was stopped.
Officers contacted a woman at McKay-Dee hospital who’d been shot in the buttock. She reportedly said she’d been trying to get to a window to jump out to get away from the shooting.
All three suspects to stand in court on multiple charges of felony discharge of a firearm. Smith and Emaij are facing charges of possession of a firearm by a restricted person.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- UHP: Three people dead in two-vehicle crash in Kane County
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- Utah Flooding: How to prevent and mitigate the risk
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Home prices are down and so are the size of apartments
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Brighton hits a milestone with 700 inches of snow