Victims in Saturday’s house fire in Delta are identified
DELTA, Utah — The Utah Medical Examiner’s Office identified Monday the three victims who died in a house fire in Delta over the weekend.
Those that passed away are Ronald Smith, 53, Patty Warren, 62 and Michael Smith Sr., 76.
The cause of death is still under review by the Medical Examiner’s Office. The cause of the fire is still under investigation by the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
According to a Millard County Sheriff’s Office press release, two other individuals and a dog were inside the home at the time of the fire. However, they were able to make it out with only minor injuries.
On Saturday, emergency personnel from Millard County were notified of an explosion at the house. The call came in at 4:45 p.m.
“This was obviously an intense fire with wind as a factor,” a statement from the Millard County Sheriff’s Office read. “The efforts of the Delta and Hinckley Fire Departments, as well those community members who assisted, are to be commended as the fire had the potential to harm surrounding residences and lives.”
- Three dead in house fire, explosion in Delta
- 20-car chain reaction accident in Millard County claims six lives
Today’s Top Stories
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Checking in on the status of full-day kindergarten in Utah
- Deadline for REAL ID-compliant license, ID card, extended to 2025
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Investigators track ammunition in fatal film set shooting
- Defense bill likely to include end to military Covid vaccine mandate, source says
- ‘Goblin mode’ chosen as Oxford word of the year for 2022