Officer-involved shooting in northern Utah sends suspect to hospital
LOGAN, Utah — A man is in the hospital following an officer-involved shooting Tuesday afternoon in northern Utah, according to the Cache County Sheriff’s Office.
According to police, a man allegedly broke into a Wellsville home, armed with an AR-15 rifle. Police say the suspect demanded the homeowner’s vehicle and left the residence once he was given the keys to the vehicle.
After a 911 call from the homeowner, police say the suspect was spotted by deputies, who attempted a traffic stop. However, the suspect fled from the scene at a high rate of speed. The pursuit went through Wellsville and Nibley before ending in Paradise where the officer-involved shooting took place.
The suspect was transported to Logan Regional Hospital. His status was not known, according to the Cache County Sheriff’s Office.
The Cache County Sheriff’s Office contacted the Northern Utah Critical incident team, an outside agency, to conduct the investigation of the officer-involved shooting.
Due to the ongoing investigation, no other information was available.
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting near Utah-Arizona border
- Manhunt over after shots fired in Taylorsville officer-involved shooting
Today’s Top Stories
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Davis County officials charge suspect in Layton Amber Alert
- Four elk killed as herd gets too close to I-215 and I-80
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up