Garth Brooks sells out second Salt Lake concert in 45 minutes
SALT LAKE CITY — It took less than an hour on Friday for 50,000 Utahns to get their tickets to the upcoming Garth Brooks concert at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
According to Brooks’ promoter, it was the second time in under a year that the country music superstar sold that many tickets for a Utah concert so quickly.
During his last performance in Utah, also at Rice Eccles Stadium, Brooks took it upon himself to announce that he’d bring his Stadium Tour back to Utah. He cited the speed at which tickets sold for that concert as his reason for bringing the Stadium Tour back to Utah.
“We left a lot of people in line,” Brooks said on stage, reported the Deseret News in 2021.
“This was the fastest sellout we’ve ever had, or Ticketmaster’s ever had,” Brooks told the Rice-Eccles Stadium crowd.
And that’s when he told the crowd that, despite not having asked his management or the managers at Rice-Eccles, he wanted to come back to Utah.
And he will be. The concert is Saturday, June 18th, at 7:00 PM.
- Brooks returning to Utah in June, 2022.
- Garth Brooks says he’s ‘over the moon’ to be back in Salt Lake, ready for Saturday’s show
- Brooks breaks record for Salt Lake City concert ticket sales
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces the construction of 18 new temples
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Suspect in 2015 murder of West Valley City woman arrested
- Rubio vows to oppose potential Hurricane Ian aid package if lawmakers ‘load it up with…
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges