Garth Brooks sells out second Salt Lake concert in 45 minutes
SALT LAKE CITY — It took less than an hour on Friday for 50,000 Utahns to get their tickets to the upcoming Garth Brooks concert at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
According to Brooks’ promoter, it was the second time in under a year that the country music superstar sold that many tickets for a Utah concert so quickly.
During his last performance in Utah, also at Rice Eccles Stadium, Brooks took it upon himself to announce that he’d bring his Stadium Tour back to Utah. He cited the speed at which tickets sold for that concert as his reason for bringing the Stadium Tour back to Utah.
“We left a lot of people in line,” Brooks said on stage, reported the Deseret News in 2021.
“This was the fastest sellout we’ve ever had, or Ticketmaster’s ever had,” Brooks told the Rice-Eccles Stadium crowd.
And that’s when he told the crowd that, despite not having asked his management or the managers at Rice-Eccles, he wanted to come back to Utah.
And he will be. The concert is Saturday, June 18th, at 7:00 PM.
- Brooks returning to Utah in June, 2022.
- Garth Brooks says he’s ‘over the moon’ to be back in Salt Lake, ready for Saturday’s show
- Brooks breaks record for Salt Lake City concert ticket sales
Today’s Top Stories
- Police say Herriman woman tried to bribe an officer
- Black bear captured in Morgan County
- Fire sets off a propane explosion in Pleasant Grove
- California churchgoers detained gunman in deadly attack
- Man found dead from self-inflicted wound following SWAT situation
- Be over the moon because total lunar eclipse coming Sunday to Utah
- Dog thrown out of car taken in by South Salt Lake Animal Services
- iPhone sale gone wrong results in the arrest of a Salt Lake City man
- A notorius ice skating hitman finds redemption through his sister’s eyes
- Abbott says agreement reached to reopen baby formula plant