Identities and more information released about fatal Iron County plane crash
PAROWAN, Utah — A federal investigation has begun into a plane crash in southern Utah on Saturday that killed all four people on board.
According to the Iron County Sheriff’s Office, the plane was going on a sightseeing tour of Zion National Park, and crashed within minutes of taking off from Cedar City Airport.
The pilot has been identified as Steven Eatchel, who was a Utah County Sheriff’s Deputy. His wife was a passenger, as were Eatchel’s brother and his brother’s girlfriend who has been identified as Danielle De Agostini.
Deputy Eatchel was actually currently assigned in our Judicial Services bureau working in the Courts. Sorry for the error in the original Tweet. https://t.co/SR3xCeg8q8
— Utah County Sheriff (@UCSO) April 25, 2022
All four occupants of the plane were pronounced dead at the scene.
This story will be updated. Our original reporting follows.
IRON COUNTY, Utah — Four people died Saturday evening in a plane crash east of Cedar City.
The Iron County Sheriff’s Office says deputies and firefighters were dispatched to a report of a fire about five miles east of Cedar City shortly before 7:00 p.m. When they arrived, they discovered the wreckage of a single-engine Diamond DA-40 aircraft with four occupants, all deceased.
A statement from the sheriff’s office says they’re working now to identify the victims, and they’ve called in federal authorities from the NTSB to investigate the crash.
* KSL NewsRadio does not assure that the money deposited to the account directly benefits the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Intermountain Healthcare and Zipline launch drone delivery service
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces