St. George boy recovering after being struck and run over by a vehicle
ST. GEORGE, Utah — A 9-year-old boy is expected to make a full recovery after being run over by a vehicle Thursday evening in the driveway of a home, St. George Police say.
Police say the incident occurred at 2600 North 600 East at 6 p.m. The female driver didn’t see the boy as she backed out of the driveway, according to police. The driver struck the boy and then ran over him.
According to police, the boy suffered a significant leg injury. The boy also suffered an injury to his torso.
Emergency personnel transported the boy to an area hospital. Police say the boy was conscious and alert the entire time.
The boy underwent surgery Thursday evening and is now recovering. Police say that impairment is not suspected, and the driver is cooperating with the investigation.
According to police, the driver and the boy are related, but can’t say what the relationship is.
The incident, police say, should serve as a reminder to all drivers to be extra careful.
- St. George police officer dead after a two-week battle with COVID-19
- Utah man facing federal charges after alleged death threats at VA health centers
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- New dress code gives West High School students more leeway
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Man in extremely critical condition following motorcycle accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Semi driver dies after driving off side of roadway
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Woman dies in SLC shooting, suspect arrested
- Bluffdale crash involving semi-truck kills one