CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
St. George boy recovering after being struck and run over by a vehicle
Apr 29, 2022, 5:52 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:40 am
(PHOTO: Courtesy of Getty Images)
ST. GEORGE, Utah — A 9-year-old boy is expected to make a full recovery after being run over by a vehicle Thursday evening in the driveway of a home, St. George Police say.
Police say the incident occurred at 2600 North 600 East at 6 p.m. The female driver didn’t see the boy as she backed out of the driveway, according to police. The driver struck the boy and then ran over him.
According to police, the boy suffered a significant leg injury. The boy also suffered an injury to his torso.
Emergency personnel transported the boy to an area hospital. Police say the boy was conscious and alert the entire time.
The boy underwent surgery Thursday evening and is now recovering. Police say that impairment is not suspected, and the driver is cooperating with the investigation.
According to police, the driver and the boy are related, but can’t say what the relationship is.
The incident, police say, should serve as a reminder to all drivers to be extra careful.
- St. George police officer dead after a two-week battle with COVID-19
- Utah man facing federal charges after alleged death threats at VA health centers
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Suspect killed, Ogden police officer stable after officer-involved shooting
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Boats returning to the Great Salt Lake Marina
- Text messages reveal Utah lawmakers pressured UTA to pull Pride-wrapped bus out of parade
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Boppy Newborn Lounger pillow blamed in more infant deaths