Overnight camping fees coming soon to Utahraptor State Park
MOAB, Utah — The Utah Division of State Parks announced Friday a $15 overnight camping fee will be charged for areas within the boundaries of Utahraptor State Park, beginning May 15.
The overnight fee includes lodging. However, it is not limited to tents, RVs, vehicles and trailers. Visitors are allowed to camp in the same way that has been normally allowed in the past at existing sites. Those who camp overnight and fail to pay the fee will be issued a citation.
State officials say there will be no charge for day-use of the park at this time. The overnight fees can be paid at the iron ranger stations, which are located upon entrance into the park. The fee can also be paid online by scanning the QR code featured on park signage.
State officials also ask visitors to the park to be patient. Currently, the park is underdeveloped, and only primitive camping is available. Officials also encourage visitors to practice responsible recreation.
However, state officials say improvements are coming in the future. There are plans for a modern campground, restrooms, historical and paleontological displays, and trailheads for accessing OHV and mountain bike trail systems that are close by.
The Utahraptor State Park is located approximately 15 miles of Moab in the Willow Springs and Dalton Wells area of Grand County.
To learn more about the Utahraptor State Park, click here.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Victim of third Springville shooting identified
- Springville teen, Lily Conroy, taken off of life support last week
- Murder charges are filed in two separate Utah County cases
- Update: Texas gunman warned online he was going to shoot up school
- Weber County boy rescued after getting stuck in mud
- Trump loses appeal, he and children must testify in New York civil probe
- Gov. Cox says housing problems in Utah are worsened by Airbnb, Vrbo
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- West Valley City police report missing, at-risk child
- Closure of EB I-84 extended after semi rollover, crash