FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention to have some ‘Scream’ingly cool celebrity guests for the 2022 convention
May 16, 2022, 11:00 AM | Updated: Oct 12, 2022, 3:52 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — To celebrate Friday the 13th, the FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention announced four new celebrity guests from the “Scream” movie franchise for their 2022 mega event. FanX is welcoming Matthew Lillard, Neve Campbell, Skeet Ulrich, and Jamie Kennedy to the September 22-24, 2022 convention at the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City, Utah.
To break down the announcements and give a preview of the event, FanX founder joined KSL NewsRadio’s Andy Farnsworth on the Fan Effect Podcast to dish about celebrity guest announcements, reminisce about past events, and tease upcoming FanX fun. Dan even offered and implemented a discount code for the podcast’s listeners.
Want to save on your FanX tickets? Use discount code ‘KSLFANS’ at FanX.com for a 15% discount!
You’ll SCREAM when you hear about the celebrity guests:
- Matthew Lillard – In addition to his role in “Scream,” Lillard is best known for his role as Shaggy in “Scooby-doo” (2002) and for Utah fans as Stevo in “SLC Punk!” (1998).
- Neve Campbell – Beyond being an iconic ‘Scream Queen,” Campbell has worked extensively in the scary genre with shows like “The Craft” and “The Canterville Ghost.” She is best known for her role in the popular TV show ‘Party of Five,” and she has been named on People magazine’s list of the 50 Most Beautiful People, twice!
- Skeet Ulrich – Ullrich is known by recent viewers by his role on “Riverdale” and for older audiences by “Scream,” “The Craft,” and even “Weekend at Bernie’s.” Of local interest, he also played Brian David Mitchell in the 2017 Lifetime movie “I Am Elizabeth Smart.”
- Jamie Kennedy – Has enjoyed numerous successful TV roles including “Ghost Whisperer,” “Heartbeat,” and a plethora of voice acting roles. As a comedian, he is known for his self-titled ‘Candid Camera’ styled show “The Jamie Kennedy Experiment” and his podcast, “Hate to Break it to Ya.”
About FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention 2022:
The FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention is the biggest pop culture, entertainment, and fandom event in Utah, and one of the best comic conventions in the West. From September 22-24, 2022 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in downtown Salt Lake City, fans can meet celebrities, peruse panels, meet amazing artists, browse collectibles, get their game on with fellow gamers, and more.
- Past FanX events have attracted some of the biggest celebrities such as Stan Lee, Chris Evans, Tom Holland, Hayden Christensen, Mark Hamill, Jeremy Renner, Elijah Wood, Dick Van Dyke, Tom Felton, Jason Momoa, Matt Smith, Sir Patrick Stewart, and Buzz Aldrin to name a few.
- Celebrity guests announced for 2022 include; William Shatner, Giancarlo Esposito, Cary Elwes, Jodi Benson, Tara Strong, Brent, Spiner, Felicia Day, and more!
- Tickets are available now on the FanX website, FanXSaltLake.com and range from single-day admission to multi-day and multi-tiered perks.
- Use discount code ‘KSLFANS’ at FanX.com for a 15% discount!
- FanX volunteer applications are now live as well as exhibitor applications
- One of the favorite portions of the event is the Cosplay Contest with applications opening soon.
Listen to the full Fan Effect Episode:
Beyond Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Gaming and Tech, the brains behind Fan Effect are connoisseurs of categories surpassing the nerdy. Brilliant opinions and commentary on all things geek, but surprising knowledge and witty arguments over pop culture, Star Trek, MARVEL vs DC, and a wide range of movies, TV shows, and more. Formerly known as SLC Fanboys, the show is hosted by Andy Farnsworth and KellieAnn Halvorsen, who are joined by guest experts. Based in the beautiful beehive state, Fan Effect celebrates Utah’s unique fan culture as it has been declared The Nerdiest State in America by TIME.
Listen regularly on your favorite platform, at kslnewsradio.com, at kslpodcasts.com, or on the KSL App. Join the conversation on Facebook @FanEffectShow, Instagram @FanEffectShow, and Twitter @FanEffectShow. Fan Effect is sponsored by Megaplex Theatres, Utah’s premiere movie entertainment company.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows