UHP: Fatal crash on I-215 at California Avenue claims the life of a woman
SALT LAKE COUNTY, Utah — The Utah Highway Patrol responded to a fatal crash Friday evening on I-215W northbound at the off-ramp to California Avenue (Exit 21).
According to the UHP, the single-vehicle rollover occurred at 6:29 p.m. When the UHP troopers arrived on scene, they discovered a female driver, who had been ejected from the vehicle. The driver was unresponsive and unconscious.
Emergency personnel performed life-saving measures on the victim. However, those efforts were unsuccessful, and the female was pronounced dead at the scene.
The UHP is still investigating the accident.
The off-ramp was reopened by 9:30 p.m. Friday night.
Serious crash – The northbound I-215W off-ramp to California Ave is closed while Troopers investigate a fatal crash in the area. Please avoid the area and plan ahead for your route. pic.twitter.com/hkU3CNCEeV
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) May 14, 2022
- Driver, victim identified after fatal crash in Salt Lake City
- Police chase ends with non-fatal crash
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40