UHP: Fatal crash on I-215 at California Avenue claims the life of a woman
SALT LAKE COUNTY, Utah — The Utah Highway Patrol responded to a fatal crash Friday evening on I-215W northbound at the off-ramp to California Avenue (Exit 21).
According to the UHP, the single-vehicle rollover occurred at 6:29 p.m. When the UHP troopers arrived on scene, they discovered a female driver, who had been ejected from the vehicle. The driver was unresponsive and unconscious.
Emergency personnel performed life-saving measures on the victim. However, those efforts were unsuccessful, and the female was pronounced dead at the scene.
The UHP is still investigating the accident.
The off-ramp was reopened by 9:30 p.m. Friday night.
Serious crash – The northbound I-215W off-ramp to California Ave is closed while Troopers investigate a fatal crash in the area. Please avoid the area and plan ahead for your route. pic.twitter.com/hkU3CNCEeV
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) May 14, 2022
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Victim of third Springville shooting identified
- Springville teen, Lily Conroy, taken off of life support last week
- Murder charges are filed in two separate Utah County cases
- Update: Texas gunman warned online he was going to shoot up school
- Weber County boy rescued after getting stuck in mud
- Trump loses appeal, he and children must testify in New York civil probe
- Gov. Cox says housing problems in Utah are worsened by Airbnb, Vrbo
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- West Valley City police report missing, at-risk child
- Closure of EB I-84 extended after semi rollover, crash