UPDATED: West Jordan stabbing leaves one in critical condition
WEST JORDAN, Utah – UPDATE: A suspect was arrested following the stabbing of a man in his car. The suspect has been identified as 41-year old Jose Moya of West Jordan. Moya returned to his home after the attack when family members called police concerned as the suspect was suffering from a mental health emergency. Moya was booked into Salt Lake County Jail on charges of aggravated assault, possession of a dangerous weapon by restricted person, and obstruction of justice.
ORIGINAL COVERAGE: West Jordan police responded to reports of a stabbing in the 6700 South block of Blue Flower Court at 8:45 a.m.
Police are unsure at this time whether the suspect and victim knew each other. The motive behind the attack is also unknown.
The victim, an adult male, was transported to a local hospital in a private vehicle and is currently undergoing surgery.
Officers tracked the suspect to his home a few blocks away from the scene and took him into custody. The suspect is a 41-year-old male. His identity has not been released at this time.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations