UPDATE: Suspect named in Springville Shooting
SPRINGVILLE, Utah – UPDATE: The Springville Police Department has named a suspect in connection to the Saturday shooting. 25-year-old Hunter Lamoreaux was arrested on charges of murder and felony discharge of a firearm in connection with homicide. Police say Lamoreaux was a neighbor of the victim.
The name of the victim is being withheld at the family’s request.
ORIGINAL COVERAGE: Springville police responded to reports of a shooting at 250 North 443 East just before 7 p.m. last night.
When officers arrived, they found the victim on his front porch with multiple gun shot wounds. Deputies from Mapleton and Spanish Fork responded for help.
Officers talked to witnesses and neighboring houses to check for possible surveillance footage from doorbell cameras. After scouring the crime scene, it was revealed that the suspect left the gun at the scene and fled northbound.
“During the course of our investigation, an individual came into the department saying that they had information on the shooting.” Springville Lieutenant Warren Foster said.
While police were talking with the witness at the station, another source presented a physical description and Ring camera footage of the shooter’s vehicle.
“As this information came in, other detectives were at the police department talking to this witness. Come to find out that the witness, who came into the police department claiming that they had information, ended up being the shooter.” Lt. Foster said.
The identities of the suspect and victim have not been released at this time. The full list of charges is unknown as well, but the suspect was booked into into Utah County Jail with at least one charge of homicide.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Tracking snowplows in SLC
- US-Iran match reflects a regional rivalry for many Arab fans
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Emergency snow preparation will prove vital this winter
- Snow storm brings highly dangerous avalanche conditions