SALT LAKE CITY
Eurowings Discover flight debuts at Salt Lake City International Airport
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City International Airport officially added another international non-stop flight to its list of destinations on Monday.
Eurowings Discover, a new leisure airline for Lufthansa Group, had its first flight land Monday afternoon in Salt Lake City. The non-stop flight will connect Salt Lake City to Frankfurt, Germany. The flight will run through October 14 and will resume again in the summer of 2023.
Eurowings Discover servicing Salt Lake City
“We are thrilled to be the first airline to offer nonstop flights from Europe’s German-speaking region to Salt Lake City,” said Helmut Woelfel, chief commercial officer at Eurowings Discover in a press release. “With Eurowings Discover’s full integration into the Lufthansa Group network, it was never easier for travelers from all over Europe to visit fascinating Utah and its surroundings. It is a great and unique addition to our flight schedule, as well as a valuable extension of the Lufthansa Group network in the U.S. We look forward to flying many travelers to and from Salt Lake City International Airport this summer.”
The flight will operate three times a week – Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
“The United States remains the most important market for the Lufthansa Group outside of our European bases, and we remain committed to the region as we map our recovery from the impacts of the pandemic,” said Don Bunkenburg, Senior Director of Sales U.S., Central, West and Central America, Lufthansa Group in a press release.. “Salt Lake City is a brand new gateway for the Lufthansa Group and we could not be happier to add more opportunities and capacity into and out of the United States.”
Among those who greeted the first flight from Germany on Monday were Utah Lt. Gov. Deidre Henderson and Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf, a member of the Quorum of Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Elder Uchtdorf served as an airline pilot for several years.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- Online marriage licensing gets the attention all over the world