Eurowings Discover flight debuts at Salt Lake City International Airport
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City International Airport officially added another international non-stop flight to its list of destinations on Monday.
Eurowings Discover, a new leisure airline for Lufthansa Group, had its first flight land Monday afternoon in Salt Lake City. The non-stop flight will connect Salt Lake City to Frankfurt, Germany. The flight will run through October 14 and will resume again in the summer of 2023.
Eurowings Discover servicing Salt Lake City
“We are thrilled to be the first airline to offer nonstop flights from Europe’s German-speaking region to Salt Lake City,” said Helmut Woelfel, chief commercial officer at Eurowings Discover in a press release. “With Eurowings Discover’s full integration into the Lufthansa Group network, it was never easier for travelers from all over Europe to visit fascinating Utah and its surroundings. It is a great and unique addition to our flight schedule, as well as a valuable extension of the Lufthansa Group network in the U.S. We look forward to flying many travelers to and from Salt Lake City International Airport this summer.”
The flight will operate three times a week – Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
“The United States remains the most important market for the Lufthansa Group outside of our European bases, and we remain committed to the region as we map our recovery from the impacts of the pandemic,” said Don Bunkenburg, Senior Director of Sales U.S., Central, West and Central America, Lufthansa Group in a press release.. “Salt Lake City is a brand new gateway for the Lufthansa Group and we could not be happier to add more opportunities and capacity into and out of the United States.”
Among those who greeted the first flight from Germany on Monday were Utah Lt. Gov. Deidre Henderson and Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf, a member of the Quorum of Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Elder Uchtdorf served as an airline pilot for several years.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- BYU students win international award for video game
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success