Springville teen, Lily Conroy, taken off of life support last week
May 26, 2022, 12:57 PM | Updated: 1:16 pm
SPRINGVILLE, Utah — Lily Conroy, age 17, died over the weekend according to the Springville Police Department.
Conroy was found in a car with a gunshot wound on Wednesday, May 18, at Hobble Creek Park in Springville.
Police said she was placed on life support after being transported to a hospital by helicopter.
She was later placed on life support in order to preserve her organs for organ donation according to police.
Conroy was a resident of Springville and a student of Springville High School.
Conroy was found in a car along with the body of a male who was deceased. Police suspect that he had shot Conroy, and then died by suicide.
Police identified the man who died as 19-year-old Masao Kaanga, also of Springville.
Springville Police reported that the two had been in a previous relationship, but had broken up prior to the shooting.
- One person dead in reported murder-suicide in Springville, Utah
- Springville shooting: Suspect identified, teenage girl on life support, police say
- Springville police and community reel from recent crimes
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- El Nino has returned. What does that mean for Utah?
- New distribution center dedicated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- SLC Council issues statement on UTA Pride bus being pulled from parade
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Service animal removed from grocery store. Does the ADA allow that?
- Identities released of Hyrum couple found dead in their home
- Seven months into Adderall shortage, expert offers advice
- Romney: Trump brought charges upon himself, is innocent until proven guilty
- Utah man sues Alaska State Troopers, claims conditional job offer revoked over HIV status
- Could a La Nina winter help drought in Utah?