Springville teen, Lily Conroy, taken off of life support last week
SPRINGVILLE, Utah — Lily Conroy, age 17, died over the weekend according to the Springville Police Department.
Conroy was found in a car with a gunshot wound on Wednesday, May 18, at Hobble Creek Park in Springville.
Police said she was placed on life support after being transported to a hospital by helicopter.
She was later placed on life support in order to preserve her organs for organ donation according to police.
Conroy was a resident of Springville and a student of Springville High School.
Conroy was found in a car along with the body of a male who was deceased. Police suspect that he had shot Conroy, and then died by suicide.
Police identified the man who died as 19-year-old Masao Kaanga, also of Springville.
Springville Police reported that the two had been in a previous relationship, but had broken up prior to the shooting.
- One person dead in reported murder-suicide in Springville, Utah
- Springville shooting: Suspect identified, teenage girl on life support, police say
- Springville police and community reel from recent crimes
Today’s Top Stories
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- How much will it take to save the Great Salt Lake?
- Deadline for REAL ID-compliant license, ID card, extended to 2025
- Checking in on the status of full-day kindergarten in Utah
- Defense bill likely to include end to military Covid vaccine mandate, source says
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]