CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Police release identities of those involved in fatal weekend stabbing in Kearns
May 30, 2022, 4:30 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:32 am
(Photo courtesy of Sgt. Melody Cutler)
KEARNS, Utah — The Unified Police Department announced Monday the identities of those involved in a fatal stabbing early Sunday morning in Kearns.
Police say they received a call of a reported stabbing in the area of 4550 West 4525 South at 3:03 a.m. According to police, two neighbors got into an altercation.
The 20-year-old victim from Kearns, who has been identified as Rustyn Christopher Opperman, was stabbed and died at the scene.
According to police, the suspects have been identified as Anthony Landh Martinez, 20, and Benny Tobias Martinez, 44. Both of Kearns.
Both have been booked into the Salt Lake County under suspicion of murder.
- 4-year-old in drive-thru fires gun at police: ‘We were very fortunate,’ says sheriff
- Shooting in Kearns results in multiple injuries and one dead, per Unified Police
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- Online marriage licensing gets the attention all over the world