Police release identities of those involved in fatal weekend stabbing in Kearns
KEARNS, Utah — The Unified Police Department announced Monday the identities of those involved in a fatal stabbing early Sunday morning in Kearns.
Police say they received a call of a reported stabbing in the area of 4550 West 4525 South at 3:03 a.m. According to police, two neighbors got into an altercation.
The 20-year-old victim from Kearns, who has been identified as Rustyn Christopher Opperman, was stabbed and died at the scene.
According to police, the suspects have been identified as Anthony Landh Martinez, 20, and Benny Tobias Martinez, 44. Both of Kearns.
Both have been booked into the Salt Lake County under suspicion of murder.
- 4-year-old in drive-thru fires gun at police: ‘We were very fortunate,’ says sheriff
- Shooting in Kearns results in multiple injuries and one dead, per Unified Police
Today’s Top Stories
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Checking in on the status of full-day kindergarten in Utah
- Deadline for REAL ID-compliant license, ID card, extended to 2025
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Defense bill likely to include end to military Covid vaccine mandate, source says
- Investigators track ammunition in fatal film set shooting
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- ‘Goblin mode’ chosen as Oxford word of the year for 2022