Police release identities of those involved in fatal weekend stabbing in Kearns
KEARNS, Utah — The Unified Police Department announced Monday the identities of those involved in a fatal stabbing early Sunday morning in Kearns.
Police say they received a call of a reported stabbing in the area of 4550 West 4525 South at 3:03 a.m. According to police, two neighbors got into an altercation.
The 20-year-old victim from Kearns, who has been identified as Rustyn Christopher Opperman, was stabbed and died at the scene.
According to police, the suspects have been identified as Anthony Landh Martinez, 20, and Benny Tobias Martinez, 44. Both of Kearns.
Both have been booked into the Salt Lake County under suspicion of murder.
- 4-year-old in drive-thru fires gun at police: ‘We were very fortunate,’ says sheriff
- Shooting in Kearns results in multiple injuries and one dead, per Unified Police
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- July 4 parade shooting leaves 6 dead, 30 hurt; man detained
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade