Police make a drug bust at a St. George hotel
ST. GEORGE, Utah — A man and woman are facing several drug-related charges along with a child endangerment charge, St. George Police say.
Police were made aware of the two individuals after receiving a call of a 3-year-old child walking in the lanes of travel along St. George Blvd early Monday.
Authorities say it took roughly an hour to track down the parents, but eventually child’s father, Sean Skougard, was located. He told police that he was staying at the Economy Inn on St. George Blvd.
At the hotel, police contacted the mother, Nikita Furrow. She told police that she was waiting for her husband to return. However, she didn’t immediately inform police that the child was missing.
Police also say that hotel management had called dispatch as the two adults had been reportedly fighting all night. Furrow had admitted that she and her husband had been arguing earlier.
With Furrow’s consent, police entered her hotel room to continue the discussion. Once in the room, officers noticed several items had been thrown throughout the room. When police entered the bathroom, at Furrow’s permission, they noticed a bottle of lighter fluid in the sink. The lid from the bottle was missing.
St. George drug bust
There was also a multi-colored backpack on the ground in the bathroom. Police say when they asked to search it, Furrow was hesitate. When asked by police, she admitted there was drug paraphernalia in the backpack.
Later, a search warrant was issued for the room. During the search of the room, police found 119.39 grams of a white crystalline substance, that police say is consistent with methamphetamine.
Police also say the suspected methamphetamine was divided into seven different bags. Documents belonging to Furrow and Skougard were also found near the methamphetamine, according to police.
In addition, police say a green leafy substance that is consistent with marijuana was found. It weighed 2.24 grams. According to police, there was also substance found that is consistent with LSD.
Police says Skougard was booked in connection to following charges: possession with intent to distribute, possession of marijuana, child endangerment, possession of schedule 1, possession of drug paraphernalia.
Police say Furrow was booked in connection to the following charges: possession with intent to distribute, reckless endangerment, possession of a controlled substance schedule I/II analog, possession of another’s identity documents, possession of a controlled substance marijuana, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Carbon County authorities make significant drug busts
- Significant drug bust in Utah County lands one person in jail
Today’s Top Stories
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Intermountain Healthcare and Zipline launch drone delivery service
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs