Park City High senior sets three powerlifting world records
PARK CITY, Utah — Park City High School senior, class of 2022, Ian Steele Morris set three new IPL World Junior Powerlifting records for his weight class at the 2022 U.S. Powerlifting Association National Championship Tuesday in Atlanta.
Powerlifting world records
In the 275-pound weight class at the USPA sanctioned event, Steele Morris squatted 694 pounds, breaking his previous record of 683 pounds, which was set in June 2021.
The Park City resident then benched 363 pounds to break the world record in that category. He set the new world record by more than 15 pounds.
In the deadlift, Steele Morris had a lift of 585 pounds, which itself alone was not a record-breaker. However, it added to the squat-bench-deadlift combined total of 1,642 pounds. That set a new combined world record and surpassed the previous record by 54 pounds.
Steele Morris was an offensive lineman on the Park City High football team, and a straight-A student in school. He will play football at the University of Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he plans to major in mechanical engineering.
To see video of Steele Morris in action, click here.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- UPDATE: SLCPD arrest two in connection to Sunday’s Ballpark neighborhood shooting
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Tooele City releases fireworks restrictions map