Fire sparked in Saratoga Springs near Pony Express and Jordan River
SARATOGA SPRINGS, Utah — A fire sparked in Saratoga Springs Sunday night.
The fire is near Pony Express and the Jordan River. It is currently only burning natural vegetation.
The Public Relations Specialist for the City of Saratoga Springs AnnElise Harrison said Saratoga Springs Fire, Unified Fire, American Fork Fire and Lehi Fire are all on the scene. The fire has spread about 10 acres at this time.
Additionally, Harrison said several old farm structures that are no longer in use are threatened by the fire.
A cause has not yet been determined, but an investigator is on sight.
The City of Saratoga Springs is asking people to stay away from the area.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- Cowabunga Bay temporarily closed due to fire
- Dalton Wash Fire burns 600 acres
- Is it time to ban fireworks in Utah? For some, the answer is yes.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]