Fire sparked in Saratoga Springs near Pony Express and Jordan River
SARATOGA SPRINGS, Utah — A fire sparked in Saratoga Springs Sunday night.
The fire is near Pony Express and the Jordan River. It is currently only burning natural vegetation.
The Public Relations Specialist for the City of Saratoga Springs AnnElise Harrison said Saratoga Springs Fire, Unified Fire, American Fork Fire and Lehi Fire are all on the scene. The fire has spread about 10 acres at this time.
Additionally, Harrison said several old farm structures that are no longer in use are threatened by the fire.
A cause has not yet been determined, but an investigator is on sight.
The City of Saratoga Springs is asking people to stay away from the area.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- Cowabunga Bay temporarily closed due to fire
- Dalton Wash Fire burns 600 acres
- Is it time to ban fireworks in Utah? For some, the answer is yes.
Today’s Top Stories
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Salt Lake City Police cancel Amber alert for 11-year-old girl
- State elections leaders dismiss state lawmakers claims of vote switching
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- UDOT seeks public feedback on future of Bangerter Highway
- Utah primary election: Acceptable ID to bring for in-person voting
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Lawmaker seeks to remove felony statute from Utah’s abortion trigger law