One person killed in head-on collision in southern Utah
HURRICANE, Utah — One person is dead and two others were hospitalized following a head-on collision Monday afternoon on SR-59 near Hurricane.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, a pickup truck was traveling eastbound on SR-59 near milepost 9 at 4:30 p.m when it drifted over into the westbound lanes. The truck then collided with a pickup truck traveling in the opposite direction.
According to the UHP, a female passenger in the pickup heading westbound suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene.
Lane restrictions were put into place as the crash was investigated.
The drivers of both trucks were transported to an area hospital with injuries the UHP described as non-life-threatening.
Officials are investigating fatigue as a possible cause of the head-on collision. The name of the victim was not released.
- Wrong-way driver causes fatal crash
- UHP: Fatal crash on I-215 at California Avenue claims the life of a woman
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers