Fatal motorcycle crash under investigation by SLCPD
Jun 18, 2022, 12:58 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:31 am
(Photo courtesy of Salt Lake City police Department)
SALT LAKE CITY – Police received reports of a crash at 8 p.m. near 1700 South 700 East. The crash involved a motorcycle and a Chevy Malibu.
Police located the motorcyclist upon arrival. The 33-year-old man was on the ground with serious head injuries. He was transported to a local hospital in critical condition and later died at the hospital.
From the early stages of the investigation, Police believe that the motorcyclist crashed into the passenger door of the Malibu while in the turning process.
The driver of the Malibu remained on the scene and cooperated with the investigation. No arrests have been made at this time.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- Motorcyclist dead after collision in intersection
- Ogden motorcycle and car collision resulted in minor injuries
- Two injured in motorcycle-bicyclist crash
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- Utah’s COVID-19 transmissions slowed but still present
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- What you can do about snow mold in your lawn
- Not everyone is a fan of Utah’s new state flag