Fatal motorcycle crash under investigation by SLCPD
SALT LAKE CITY – Police received reports of a crash at 8 p.m. near 1700 South 700 East. The crash involved a motorcycle and a Chevy Malibu.
Police located the motorcyclist upon arrival. The 33-year-old man was on the ground with serious head injuries. He was transported to a local hospital in critical condition and later died at the hospital.
From the early stages of the investigation, Police believe that the motorcyclist crashed into the passenger door of the Malibu while in the turning process.
The driver of the Malibu remained on the scene and cooperated with the investigation. No arrests have been made at this time.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- Motorcyclist dead after collision in intersection
- Ogden motorcycle and car collision resulted in minor injuries
- Two injured in motorcycle-bicyclist crash
Today’s Top Stories
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- What to do after a fender bender in snowy weather?
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident