I-80 facing restrictions due to strong wind gusts
Jun 19, 2022, 4:29 PM | Updated: Jun 21, 2022, 9:37 am
(Menghsin Lin/Deseret News)
TOOELE COUNTY, Utah — I-80 is restricted from milepost 0 to milepost 99 due to wind gusts of up to 60 mph.
Driver Alert: I-80 from MP 0 to MP 99 is restricted in both directions for all high profile vehicles due to wind gusts in excess of 60 MPH. @UDOTRegionTwo @UtahDOT @UtahTrucking
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) June 19, 2022
This comes after a tough weekend for I-80. The roadway faced multiple closures caused by fires and a fatal crash in the area.
This story is developing and will be updated.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Suspect killed, Ogden police officer stable after officer-involved shooting
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Boats returning to the Great Salt Lake Marina
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Boppy Newborn Lounger pillow blamed in more infant deaths
- Multiple leads being followed up on after motorcyclist shot at passenger car, victim is stable