Victim in Box Elder County worksite accident is identified
BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah — Box Elder County officials announced Thursday the identity of the county worker who died Tuesday in a worksite accident, while riding a UTV.
According to a news release from the county, William “Frenchy” Kossman was in his third year as a seasonal worker in the Weed Control Department for the county. He began working in this role in the spring of 2020.
According to the news release, Kossman was working as a sprayer on the Rush Skeleton crew. Additionally, he also assisted in roadside weed spraying.
Prior to Tuesday’s accident, the Weed Control Department was working to rid the area of Rush Skeleton, which is an invasive, noxious weed. According to the news release, this type of weed destroys plants and foliage.
In addition to the worksite accident involving Kossman, there was a separate UTV accident involving another county worker. That worker was transported to an area hospital. As of Thursday, no update on the status of that individual was provided.
Both accidents occurred in the Promontory area and took place roughly a half-mile apart.
Kossman’s family issued a statement on Thursday.
“We can’t come up with enough words to describe William Dwaine Kossman, affectionately known as Frenchy,” the statement read. “His hands were always full. Whether he was bringing you something, fixing something, or adding his personal touch. He will be extremely missed by all who knew him.”
The news release states Kossman’s funeral is scheduled for Monday in Honeyville.
- Two worksite accidents in Box Elder County leaves one dead, one injured
- Driver seriously injured, cow killed, in Box Elder County accident
Today’s Top Stories
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Update: 5-year-old still in critical condition after being hit by truck while riding balance bike
- Biden to pardon all federal offenses of simple marijuana possession in first major steps…
- Utah debates: Here’s how 3rd District candidates stand on the issues (Rep. John Curtis…
- A kidnapped family of 4 has been found dead in California, authorities say
- Voters could see an increase in police presence at the polls
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Church leader speaks of caring for the earth at Why It Matters conference
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces